Dangers of Christmas - #9
At the beginning of December the Huffington Post featured an article on the
. The article focused on fire safety during the holiday season. They covered everything from your Christmas tree drying out and catching the drapes on fire to burning down your home while preparing your roast beast.
The article got me thinking, what if there were other dangers during Christmas? What if, aside from falling off your roof while working on your light display and over roasting your chestnuts, there were hidden dangers during the season of advent that most of us overlook.
Over the next 15 days I am going to share my 12 dangers of Christmas. So here we go,
# 9 - Bad Christmas Music
I have great taste in music. I believe that I am open to all genres of music, and if it is good I will listen to it. But what really grinds my gears is when good Christmas music is done poorly. As my wife put it, "just because you're a musician and love Jesus, it doesn't mean we want to hear your Christmas album".
The Today Show dubbed Michael Bublé as "Mr. Christmas". I'm pretty sure if anyone is going to have that title, my first choice would not be Michael Bublé. And I have nothing against Michael Bublé.
Classic Christmas carols and hymns are classics because they have been sanded smooth by the generations who have sung them for decades and centuries.
Rolling Stone listed their top Christmas albums of all-time. And guess what?! The top ten do not include pop or Christian artists who want to reinterpret classics!
- Paul McCartney & Wings - "Wonderful Christmastime"
- Mariah Carey & Justin Bieber - "All I Want For Christmas Is You"
- New Kids On The Block - "Funky Funky Christmas"
- Madonna - "Santa Baby"
- Destiny's Child - "8 Days Of Christmas"
- Dwight Yoakam - "Come On Christmas"
- David Hasselhoff – "The Christmas Songs"
- Band Aid 20 - "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
- N Sync - "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays"
- Christina Aguilera - "O Holy Night"
What are your least favorite Christmas songs or remakes of classic Christmas songs?