Self-Care Is a Requirement for Ministry
My friend Steve Austin, not of the Stone Cold variety, has one of the most compelling stories. We've shared his comeback from addiction and depression on Crackers and Grape Juice. Steve has convinced me that as a husband, father, and pastor putting myself first isn't necessary a bad thing. Steve has convinced me that self-care matters. I met Steve in a Facebook group for Christian bloggers and authors. Steve posted a link to his latest book, From Pastor to Psych Ward: Recovery from a Suicide Attempt is Possible, and I knew from the title I needed to read it. Steve doesn't hold much back as he looks back on what led him from the pulpit to the psych ward. Steve burned the candle at both ends: working full-time, being a father & husband, and also serving a church. On top of that he had been abused as a child (to which he openly deals with what that meant for him as a teenager and also as an adult).
Steve is launching a new opportunity for all of us concerned with our own self-care as well as those around us.
The Self Care Challenge
How Does the Self Care Challenge Work?
- Each day, you’ll receive an email with a self-care challenge, including follow-up questions and a “Messy Grace Mantra”.
- You’ll also have access to a closed Facebook group where you can connect with and encourage others who are doing the self-care challenge, too. This is a great way to build community!
- In short, you’ll have all the tools you need to make this challenge a success!
What’s in it for me?
- Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed?
- Are you drowning in a sea of shame?
- Does it seem impossible to tell others "no"?
- Are you struggling with addiction?
- Does anyone actually know the "real" you?
- Does anxiety whisper white noise in your ear?
- Is the black dog of depression nipping at your heels?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, the 7-day Self-Care Challenge will give you tips and trick to take better care and control of your life. If you don't take good care of yourself, nobody else will!
Ready to start the challenge? Just click here!